Are You a Meeting Planner at Heart? Ten Signs to Look For!
Whether or not you are a meeting planner, you might enjoy Infinity’s own conference planning staff’s amusing thoughts.
You know you might have what it takes to be a meeting planner when…
- You enjoy simultaneously planning and managing details – large and small – for multiple events each year, over and over.
- You enjoy endless conference planning calls.
- People believe you have supernatural powers that can make a room warmer or cooler.
- You don’t know what to do with your hands if they are not holding a clipboard and pen (or an i-pad for the more modern planner).
- You are unable to be a guest at an event without taking mental notes (because actually writing notes at a family wedding is in poor form).
- You suddenly gain the ability to lift table rounds for 12 like a feather when the room isn’t turning for the next session fast enough.
- You feel like everyone is family (good ways and bad, but mostly good) - the clients, the conference planner staff, the hotel personnel, etc.
- You know all the colors of the standard “my name is” badges, ribbons and lanyards.
- You get to travel to the most amazing places and stay at great venues, but never see anything outside the meeting venue.
- You have a post-holiday-like post-partum depression when the event ends. Yes, it’s sort of like childbirth.
If you meet all of the above, then you too can be a Meeting Planner and love what you do for a living.